Friday, July 27, 2012

[BONUS] 401. Skeletube Army

In honor of the 15th anniversary of the Art-o-mat project I created this army of painted vacuum tubes!



Since I needed to make a lot of them to swap with other artists at this weekend's Art-o-mat event in DC, I decided I needed to come up with a simpler idea than the complex painted tubes I'd done previously.

In this case I designed a simple skeleton which I painted in acrylic on the smallest tubes I had, ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 inches (approx 3.8 to 6.4 cm). Thanks to Joe The Tube Amp Guy who provided me with some of the tubes I used for this project! If you need your tube based gear fixed, he's your guy.

5 years ago I made a group of skulls as part of my original 365 project for the 10th anniversary of the Art-o-mat!

And last year I made a special edition skull for the 10th anniversary of the project in my hometown Richmond, VA.

2 comments:

kerosene said...

Way too cute!
Multiples are so great.

Abby Davis said...

The cutest army ever...