Monday, October 24, 2011

Ceramic Skull


Shelley Spranza submitted this piece. She said "I throw a basic pot form on the wheel and then alter it to my needs. In this case, I didn't need to alter the form, I just needed to carve a skull face when my clay was leather hard. I let the clay dry, then fired it at 1850 degrees, glazed it back and white (three coats each!) then fired it again. I was pleased with the way he turned out! I'm putting him in my Etsy store today.



I like this eerie ceramic skull, because it reminds me of a wide Jack-O-Lantern grin. Halloween is 7 days away, so you all better start carving! Whether it is clay, pumpkins or squash, I expect some haunting faces to live on many of your porches and mantles.


“Countdown To Halloween”
7 more days and counting...

No comments: